Corporate Defense Management - Definition
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Marketing, Advertising, Sales & PR
- Accounting, Taxation, and Reporting
- Professionalism & Career Development
Law, Transactions, & Risk Management
Government, Legal System, Administrative Law, & Constitutional Law Legal Disputes - Civil & Criminal Law Agency Law HR, Employment, Labor, & Discrimination Business Entities, Corporate Governance & Ownership Business Transactions, Antitrust, & Securities Law Real Estate, Personal, & Intellectual Property Commercial Law: Contract, Payments, Security Interests, & Bankruptcy Consumer Protection Insurance & Risk Management Immigration Law Environmental Protection Law Inheritance, Estates, and Trusts
- Business Management & Operations
- Economics, Finance, & Analytics
What is Corporate Defense Management (CDM)?
Corporate defense refers to a collection of programs, measures, and strategies that a company uses for its self-defense. This includes how a company is governed and how its operations are aligned to serve as its justification for defense in times of danger.
Corporate Defense Management (CDM) is a framework that organizations use in integrating their constituents and managing their components to achieve a corporate defense program. CDM is often multidimensional and strategic. This type of management encompasses the key components of an organization which include governance, control measures, risk, security, compliance, resilience and others to achieve a tenable corporate defense program for the organization.
Academic Research on Corporate Defense Management (CDM)
- An Introduction to Corporate Defense Management (CDM), Lyons, S. (2006). In Defense of the Corporation, Lyons, S. (2009).
- The Corporate Defence Continuum: Part (4) The Quest for a Holistic Solution, Lyons, S. (2006).
- The Changing Face of Corporate Defence in the 21st Century, Lyons, S. (2008).
- Security as a Critical Component of Corporate Defense, Lyons, S. (2010).
- Risk Management's Role in Corporate Defense, Lyons, S. (2009). Defending Our Stakeholders: Corporate Defence Management Explored, Lyons, S. (2012).
- Optimized Corporate Defense Programs: A 5 Step Roadmap, Lyons, S. (2009). EDPACS The EDP Audit, Control, and Security Newsletter, 40(1), 1-15.
- Corporate Defence Management: A Strategic Imperative, Lyons, S. (2006). The Bank Director, October.
- The Requirement for a Director of Corporate Defense in UK Banking Institutions, Lyons, S. (2009).
- The Corporate Defence Continuum: Part (3) Controls and Assurance, Lyons, S. (2006).