American Academy of Financial Management - Explained
What is the American Academy of Financial Management?
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Marketing, Advertising, Sales & PR
- Accounting, Taxation, and Reporting
- Professionalism & Career Development
Law, Transactions, & Risk Management
Government, Legal System, Administrative Law, & Constitutional Law Legal Disputes - Civil & Criminal Law Agency Law HR, Employment, Labor, & Discrimination Business Entities, Corporate Governance & Ownership Business Transactions, Antitrust, & Securities Law Real Estate, Personal, & Intellectual Property Commercial Law: Contract, Payments, Security Interests, & Bankruptcy Consumer Protection Insurance & Risk Management Immigration Law Environmental Protection Law Inheritance, Estates, and Trusts
- Business Management & Operations
- Economics, Finance, & Analytics
Table of ContentsWhat is the American Academy Of Financial Management?What Does the American Academy Of Financial Management Do?Who does AAFM Serve?Certification and DesignationRecognitionKey TakeawaysAcademic Research on American Academy Of Financial Management AAFM
What is the American Academy Of Financial Management?
The American Academy of Financial Management refers to a certifying body with over 151 countries across the world focused on offering exclusive designations to the finance sector and management professionals. According to the international standards International Board of Standards, those individuals who earn certifications from the American Academy of Financial Management (AAFM) are considered to have met some of the highest standards in the financial industry.
Back to:INVESTMENTS & TRADING
What Does the American Academy Of Financial Management Do?
The American Academy of Financial Management was founded in 1996. First, it was created as a professional organization for managers working in the investment field, analyst, and lawyers. The AAFM and Analysts later merged with the Estate Planning Law Review and Founders Advisory Committee of the Original Tax. The organization currently offers charters and certification to those individuals with roles in the industry such as:
- Financial profession
- Market analysis
- Wealth manager
- Investment and financial planner
- Trust and estate planning
- Asset manager
In addition, the organization offers a number of industries graduate designations, to professionals with qualifications. It also fills the gap for 120,000 financial professionals that work as CPAs, MBAs, lawyers, and PhDs. The Main Role of AAFM
- Generally, the role of AAFM is to train, educate, and develop the finance talent of the next generation
- It also offers global financial courses such as the Chartered Wealth Manager Certification
- It awards international certification in finance
Who does AAFM Serve?
The AAFM serves professionals in the U.S., including other countries such as India, Beijing, the Caribbean, Latin America, Singapore, Dubai, Europe, South America, Kuwait, among others. Some of the AAFM training partners include and not limited to the following institutions:
- Deutsche Bank
- The U.S. Navy
- China Construction Bank
- The National Bank of Kuwait
- The Government of Dubai
- The United States Securities and Exchange Commission
Certification and Designation
Managers, Investment Bankers, Financial Analyst, Accountants, and Real Estate Professionals, among others. It also applies to financial planners that hold a degree conferred by the American Academy Board of Standards. In order for a candidate to receive accreditation or authorization to use AAFM Board Certification and Designations, he or she must meet the following requirements:
- Continuing education
- Ethics requirement
For chartered wealth managers, the certification usually involves 80 hours of online study. However, those who hold certain professional designations like Chartered Financial Analysts or Certified Public Accountants only require to pay a fee and take a test. Any person with sufficient professional experience can get the designation by just paying the fee. He or she is not obligated to take the test. Those individuals with a degree involving some business coursework are also eligible to pay fees, do an AAFMs certification course, and receive a Master Financial Professional (MFP).
Accredited Financial Analyst is one of the sorts after designation by employers in the following fields:
- Fund management
- Corporate finance
- Securities markets
- Investment advice
The reason why such individuals are the most sort after by employers is that they possess the required qualifications, knowledge, and skills, including work experience.
- The American Academy of Financial Management refers to a certifying body with over 151 countries across the world focused on offering exclusive designations to the finance sector and management professionals.
- The AAFM was founded in 1996, first as a professional organization for managers working in the investment field, analyst, and lawyers.
- The AAFM serves professionals in the U.S., including other countries such as India, Beijing, the Caribbean, Latin America, Singapore, Dubai, Europe, South America, Kuwait, etc.