Morningstar System - Explained
What is the Morningstar System?
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Marketing, Advertising, Sales & PR
- Accounting, Taxation, and Reporting
- Professionalism & Career Development
Law, Transactions, & Risk Management
Government, Legal System, Administrative Law, & Constitutional Law Legal Disputes - Civil & Criminal Law Agency Law HR, Employment, Labor, & Discrimination Business Entities, Corporate Governance & Ownership Business Transactions, Antitrust, & Securities Law Real Estate, Personal, & Intellectual Property Commercial Law: Contract, Payments, Security Interests, & Bankruptcy Consumer Protection Insurance & Risk Management Immigration Law Environmental Protection Law Inheritance, Estates, and Trusts
- Business Management & Operations
- Economics, Finance, & Analytics
What is the Morningstar System?
Morningstar is a financial service firm that provides investment research and investment management services.
It has a technology platform providing software as a service and research application for financial advisors.
Back to:INVESTMENTS & TRADING
What are the Primary Morningstar Systems?
The primary Morningstar systems are:
- Morningstar Annuity Intelligence - A research tool to help simplify complex annuities, including coverage of fixed indexed and fixed annuity products.
- Morningstar ByAllAccounts - A data account aggregation service to help track client holdings, dividends, and returns.
- Morningstar Credit Ratings, LLC - Credit ratings and analysis that cover asset-backed securities, commercial and residential real estate securities, and corporate and financial institutions.
- Morningstar Data - Global equity, managed investments, and market data from all major global exchanges with flexible distribution options.
- Morningstar Data for Commodities - A suite of data management products for easier analysis of research and data in the commodities and energy sectors.
- Morningstar DirectSM for Asset Management - A web-based institutional investment analysis platform built to help asset managers create, select, and market investments.
- Morningstar DirectSM for Wealth Management - A web-based investment analysis platform for wealth managers to research investments and communicate between teams.
- Morningstar Enterprise Components - Configurable, ready-to-integrate enterprise software tools for research, portfolio analysis, and retirement plan management.
- Morningstar EssentialsTM - A toolkit for marketers to enhance their programs with industry-standard statistics and ratings recognized by investors and advisors worldwide.
- Morningstar Fiduciary Services - A service that helps mitigate the risk and responsibility that comes with building retirement plan lineups.
- Morningstar Indexes - Indexes for benchmarking and building products, developed with our research and providing exposure across asset classes.
- Morningstar Investment Research Center - Comprehensive resources to help members of your library community research and grasp investment opportunities.
- Morningstar Managed PortfoliosSM - Mutual fund, stock, and exchange-traded fund portfolios offered through fee-based financial advisors, built for the long term.
- Manager Selection Services - Helping firms select managers and analyze investments to help mitigate compliance risk.
- Morningstar Premium - The investor source for timely analysis on stocks, funds, and markets, plus tools for portfolio management.
- Morningstar OfficeSM Cloud - A web-based portfolio and practice management platform for independent financial advisors, with performance reporting and back-office services.
- PitchBook - Research and data on companies, deals, funds, investors, and service providers across the entire private investment lifecycle.
- Morningstar Plan AdvantageSM - An online platform for advisors to onboard new retirement plans, access provider pricing, and offer investment lineups.
- Morningstar Reporting Solutions - Create marketing materials, regulatory documents, and other custom reports using our tools or outsource the process to us.
- Morningstar Retirement ManagerSM - An online service offered by employers to help their employees save and invest in their workplace retirement accounts.
- Morningstar Total Rebalance Expert - A tax-aware rebalancing service used to maximize tax savings for clients, aligning allocations on personal factors and market changes.
- Morningstar Research - Independent, comprehensive evaluations on equities, funds, and managed investment products.