Does and Don'ts of Selling - Explained
What to Do and Not Do as a Salesperson?
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Marketing, Advertising, Sales & PR
- Accounting, Taxation, and Reporting
- Professionalism & Career Development
Law, Transactions, & Risk Management
Government, Legal System, Administrative Law, & Constitutional Law Legal Disputes - Civil & Criminal Law Agency Law HR, Employment, Labor, & Discrimination Business Entities, Corporate Governance & Ownership Business Transactions, Antitrust, & Securities Law Real Estate, Personal, & Intellectual Property Commercial Law: Contract, Payments, Security Interests, & Bankruptcy Consumer Protection Insurance & Risk Management Immigration Law Environmental Protection Law Inheritance, Estates, and Trusts
- Business Management & Operations
- Economics, Finance, & Analytics
Table of ContentsWhat should you do and not do as a Salesperson?
What should you do and not do as a Salesperson?
The primary things that you should do as a salesperson include:
- Know your product
- Get to know the customer
- Solve Problems
- Be Assertive
The primary things to avoid as a Salesperson include:
- Relying on Discounts to makes sales
- Talking down to customers or making them feel inferior
- Talking negatively about the competition or competitor products
- Lying or using mistruths