Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Accountant - Explained
What is a Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Accountant?
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Marketing, Advertising, Sales & PR
- Accounting, Taxation, and Reporting
- Professionalism & Career Development
Law, Transactions, & Risk Management
Government, Legal System, Administrative Law, & Constitutional Law Legal Disputes - Civil & Criminal Law Agency Law HR, Employment, Labor, & Discrimination Business Entities, Corporate Governance & Ownership Business Transactions, Antitrust, & Securities Law Real Estate, Personal, & Intellectual Property Commercial Law: Contract, Payments, Security Interests, & Bankruptcy Consumer Protection Insurance & Risk Management Immigration Law Environmental Protection Law Inheritance, Estates, and Trusts
- Business Management & Operations
- Economics, Finance, & Analytics
Table of ContentsWhat is a Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Accountant (CIRA)?
What is a Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Accountant (CIRA)?
The Certified Insolvency And Restructuring Accountant (CIRA) designation is for forensic accountants who wish to be certified as professionals can apply to earn.
CIRA is a professional certification issued be The Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors (AIRA) to individuals who have shown competence in the field of forensic accounting, pass the certification examination, and meet prescribed work experience standards.
There are three parts of the exam:
- Financial reporting and taxes
- Management of bankruptcies and turnarounds
- Plan development and accounting.
Below are the requirements for the CIRA certification:
- Five years of experience in finance or accounting (Applicants can complete it after starting the program).
- Candidates must have 4,00 hours of specialized experience with the period 8 years.
- Professional references from three referees who vouch for the experience, character and expertise of the candidate.
Back to: PROFESSIONALISM & CAREER DEVELOPMENT