Certified Senior Consultant - Explained
What is a Certified Senior Consultant?
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Marketing, Advertising, Sales & PR
- Accounting, Taxation, and Reporting
- Professionalism & Career Development
Law, Transactions, & Risk Management
Government, Legal System, Administrative Law, & Constitutional Law Legal Disputes - Civil & Criminal Law Agency Law HR, Employment, Labor, & Discrimination Business Entities, Corporate Governance & Ownership Business Transactions, Antitrust, & Securities Law Real Estate, Personal, & Intellectual Property Commercial Law: Contract, Payments, Security Interests, & Bankruptcy Consumer Protection Insurance & Risk Management Immigration Law Environmental Protection Law Inheritance, Estates, and Trusts
- Business Management & Operations
- Economics, Finance, & Analytics
Table of ContentsWhat is a Certified Senior Consultant (CSC)?CSC Areas of Knowledge
What is a Certified Senior Consultant (CSC)?
The National Association of Certified Senior Consultants (NACSC) issues the Certified Senior Consultant (CSC) designation to financial planners.
The program is comprised of a 30-hour self study program with five modules.
There are three examinations that candidates must complete. The three final exams are administered by the National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD).
Candidates must undergo a continuing education for the first five years after they are certified.
CSC Areas of Knowledge
The CSC course study is broadly divided into six parts, they are;
- Health Transitions as People Grow Older,
- Aging and the society,
- Quality-of-Life Choices for Older Adults,
- Essential Ethics for Working with Older Adult,
- Financial & Estate Planning for Age 65 and Older; and
- Federal & State Programs for Retirement & Health Care.
The core areas of the knowledge of the CSC program include Social security, Medicaid, SSI, Medicare and veterans benefits.
Back to: PROFESSIONALISM & CAREER DEVELOPMENT