Paid Search Marketing - Explained
What is Paid Search Marketing?
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Marketing, Advertising, Sales & PR
- Accounting, Taxation, and Reporting
- Professionalism & Career Development
Law, Transactions, & Risk Management
Government, Legal System, Administrative Law, & Constitutional Law Legal Disputes - Civil & Criminal Law Agency Law HR, Employment, Labor, & Discrimination Business Entities, Corporate Governance & Ownership Business Transactions, Antitrust, & Securities Law Real Estate, Personal, & Intellectual Property Commercial Law: Contract, Payments, Security Interests, & Bankruptcy Consumer Protection Insurance & Risk Management Immigration Law Environmental Protection Law Inheritance, Estates, and Trusts
- Business Management & Operations
- Economics, Finance, & Analytics
Table of ContentsWhat is Paid Search Marketing?How is Paid Search Marketing Used?How Paid Search Marketing Works BackstageThe Rules of Ad Ranking in Paid SearchKeywords Are Key in Paid Search MarketingAcademic Research on Paid Search Marketing
What is Paid Search Marketing?
A kind of web marketing that connects your ads with the searchers finding actively the information you provide, is referred to as Paid Search Marketing. It is scalable and cheaper. The smartest and most well-known campaign is PPC (Pay Per Click). But whats the logic behind it? In the sponsored links of a search engine, you make a bid for your business related keywords. Means, you are paying a small fee to the search engine per click.
Back to: MARKETING, SALES, ADVERTISING, & PR
How is Paid Search Marketing Used?
You might think that making payment against each click will end up with a lot of payment, but it is not like that if the campaign is well designed. This is because your ads will only be visible to your potential customers when they will search for your offered products and services precisely. They are often much more to be at the buying point, say, your website, as compared to a casual browser. Therefore, it depends on the right search and a bit tinkering. The ads you placed using paid search marketing will ultimately enable you to earn higher than the cost you paid for their placement.
How Paid Search Marketing Works Backstage
To display your ad in the sponsored links needs you to enter into an auction and win the bid from other advertisers for your ads space. So, an important question is why do you need to adopt paid search marketing despite you have an option of ranking using organic results of google free of cost?First and foremost point is that organic search advertising also known as search engine optimization is not free. To win superior organic search rank, it requires much time, knowledge and efforts. Particularly, for a website that is still less established and new, it will definitely take time to obtain sufficient domain authority and get traffic on your web pages for the best keywords. Another thing is that many people do not search beyond the 1st page of Google. You are just in a condition of wait and see for qualified leads.Entering into the auction of Google Adwords is not much hard as is supposed to be. It is just a game of maths.
The Rules of Ad Ranking in Paid Search
Google Adwords is actually its PPC (Pay Per Click) platform. Despite it looks like a bit complex, Google has basically designed it to give the highest Return on Investment (ROI) to three entities, I.e. The company, Google and the searchers.Google rewards the intelligently targeted and most relevant PPC campaigns by taking lesser charges for ad clicks. Hence, if your ads are more useful and domain-specific, your website performance will boost up. You get a reward for getting traffic on your website. Each time, someone initiates a search, Google examines all the Adwords marketers and selects the winners to display their ad in the space on the search results web page. It selects the winners on the basis of a few factors, such as how relevant the keywords are, what is the quality of keywords? how is the ad campaign? and what is the size of the keywords bid?Particularly, whose ad will appear on the first page depends on the ad rank of a marketer, a metric estimated by multiplying 2 main factors, CPC Bid (the highest payment a marketer is willing to make) and a value that considers relevance, click through rate and the quality of landing page known as Quality Score. So, how can you create the most effective paid search marketing campaign? Start from keywords.
Keywords Are Key in Paid Search Marketing
- Use negative keywords to your advantage: Negative keywords help you to filter the search terms which are not related to your products and services. For the irrelevant searches, your ads will not appear. It can save, in the long run, a lot of payment on wasteful clicks.
- Dont go too broad: Another worth noticing point is that you should not go too broad. Means, use longer keywords or the keyword phrases used infrequently. They basically increase the visits volume as compared to short and most common keywords. We call them Long Tail Keywords. They depict a high intent, hence, considered to be the excellent choice for the paid search marketing campaign. For instance, lets suppose, a person searches for organic cat food free delivery. The results will be broader than the short keywords like cat food.
- Stay relevant always!A great noticeable tip is to use the keywords that match the landing page text, you linked to. Google keenly observes such type of accuracy and keeps away the advertisers who use irrelevant or different keywords. How awkward it is if your landing page is about carpet cleaning services and the ad says, wedding photos of Angelina!