ADKAR Model - Explained
What is the ADKAR Model?
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Marketing, Advertising, Sales & PR
- Accounting, Taxation, and Reporting
- Professionalism & Career Development
Law, Transactions, & Risk Management
Government, Legal System, Administrative Law, & Constitutional Law Legal Disputes - Civil & Criminal Law Agency Law HR, Employment, Labor, & Discrimination Business Entities, Corporate Governance & Ownership Business Transactions, Antitrust, & Securities Law Real Estate, Personal, & Intellectual Property Commercial Law: Contract, Payments, Security Interests, & Bankruptcy Consumer Protection Insurance & Risk Management Immigration Law Environmental Protection Law Inheritance, Estates, and Trusts
- Business Management & Operations
- Economics, Finance, & Analytics
Table of ContentsWhat is the ADKAR model?
What is the ADKAR model?
The ADKAR Model is an approach to effective people management during change.
ADKAR is an acronym as follows:
- Awareness of the need to change.
- Desire to participate and support the change.
- Knowledge of how to change (and what the change looks like).
- Ability to implement the change on a day-to-day basis.
- Reinforcement to keep the change in place.
The ADKAR model calls for scoring the status of each of the 5 elements from 1-10, as part of the organizational change process.
It allows managers to focus on the low-rated elements.