ADKAR Model - Explained
What is the ADKAR Model?
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Marketing, Advertising, Sales & PR
- Accounting, Taxation, and Reporting
- Professionalism & Career Development
Law, Transactions, & Risk Management
Government, Legal System, Administrative Law, & Constitutional Law Legal Disputes - Civil & Criminal Law Agency Law HR, Employment, Labor, & Discrimination Business Entities, Corporate Governance & Ownership Business Transactions, Antitrust, & Securities Law Real Estate, Personal, & Intellectual Property Commercial Law: Contract, Payments, Security Interests, & Bankruptcy Consumer Protection Insurance & Risk Management Immigration Law Environmental Protection Law Inheritance, Estates, and Trusts
- Business Management & Operations
- Economics, Finance, & Analytics
What is the ADKAR model?
The ADKAR Model is an approach to effective people management during change.
ADKAR is an acronym as follows:
- Awareness of the need to change.
- Desire to participate and support the change.
- Knowledge of how to change (and what the change looks like).
- Ability to implement the change on a day-to-day basis.
- Reinforcement to keep the change in place.
The ADKAR model calls for scoring the status of each of the 5 elements from 1-10, as part of the organizational change process.
It allows managers to focus on the low-rated elements.