Programme Management Maturity Model (PMMM) - Explained
What is the Programme Management Maturity Model?
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Marketing, Advertising, Sales & PR
- Accounting, Taxation, and Reporting
- Professionalism & Career Development
Law, Transactions, & Risk Management
Government, Legal System, Administrative Law, & Constitutional Law Legal Disputes - Civil & Criminal Law Agency Law HR, Employment, Labor, & Discrimination Business Entities, Corporate Governance & Ownership Business Transactions, Antitrust, & Securities Law Real Estate, Personal, & Intellectual Property Commercial Law: Contract, Payments, Security Interests, & Bankruptcy Consumer Protection Insurance & Risk Management Immigration Law Environmental Protection Law Inheritance, Estates, and Trusts
- Business Management & Operations
- Economics, Finance, & Analytics
Table of ContentsWhat is the Programme Management Maturity Model (PMMM)?What are the Program Management Processes?
What is the Programme Management Maturity Model (PMMM)?
The Programme Management Maturity Model (PMMM) provides a mechanism through which an organization or a group within an organization can do the following:
- It can make an assessment of itself. (In program management terms).
- It can compare its own maturity with other organizations on a fair basis.
- It can compare its own maturity with benchmarks from similar organizations.
- It can understand its strengths and weaknesses.
- It can develop a plan to improve its ability to deliver successful programs.
What are the Program Management Processes?
The benchmark takes place on the following 10 key program management processes:
- Management organization.
- Program planning.
- Management of benefits.
- Management of stakeholders.
- Issue management & risk management.
- Quality management & auditing.
- Configuration management.
- Internal communication.
- Accounts and finances.
- Management of scope & change.
Each stage of maturity for each of ten key program management processes is summarized by a question.
A program can then be rated on the basis of the answers to the questions.
What are the Steps in the PMMM Process?
- Complete the self assessment via a questionnaire.
- Send the questionnaire to ProgM.
- Receive a profile showing maturity in 10 aspects of program management.