Legal Issues with Product Pricing - Explained
What are some common legal issues with pricing a product?
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Marketing, Advertising, Sales & PR
- Accounting, Taxation, and Reporting
- Professionalism & Career Development
Law, Transactions, & Risk Management
Government, Legal System, Administrative Law, & Constitutional Law Legal Disputes - Civil & Criminal Law Agency Law HR, Employment, Labor, & Discrimination Business Entities, Corporate Governance & Ownership Business Transactions, Antitrust, & Securities Law Real Estate, Personal, & Intellectual Property Commercial Law: Contract, Payments, Security Interests, & Bankruptcy Consumer Protection Insurance & Risk Management Immigration Law Environmental Protection Law Inheritance, Estates, and Trusts
- Business Management & Operations
- Economics, Finance, & Analytics
Table of ContentsWhat are the Legal Issues with Pricing a Product?
What are the Legal Issues with Pricing a Product?
Some common legal issues in pricing a product include:
- Dumping - Dumping is selling the product for less in another country than we sell it for in our own.
- Price Fixing - Price fixing means agreeing to sell our product at a certain price in exchange for others doing the same.
- Price Discrimination - Price discrimination is sort of like price fixing, except that means charging different people different prices when the product is exactly the same and costs the same to produce. This specifically means charging different retailers or wholesalers different prices. It generally does not apply when goods are distributed to retailers versus sold directly to consumers.
- What is the Right Price for a Product?
- Competition-Driven Pricing
- Profit-Oriented Pricing Strategy
- Sales-Oriented Pricing Strategy
- Status Quo Pricing Strategy
- Value-Based Pricing Strategy
- Penetration Pricing Strategy
- Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) Definition
- Price Skimming
- Why Give Discounts?
- Trade Allowances
- Charging for Product Transportation
- Legal Issues with Pricing
- What is Product Dumping?
- What is Price Fixing?
- Why is Price Fixing Harmful?
- What is Price Discrimination?
- Why Pricing Discrimination is Harmful