Employment Law (Intro)
What are Employment Laws?
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Marketing, Advertising, Sales & PR
- Accounting, Taxation, and Reporting
- Professionalism & Career Development
Law, Transactions, & Risk Management
Government, Legal System, Administrative Law, & Constitutional Law Legal Disputes - Civil & Criminal Law Agency Law HR, Employment, Labor, & Discrimination Business Entities, Corporate Governance & Ownership Business Transactions, Antitrust, & Securities Law Real Estate, Personal, & Intellectual Property Commercial Law: Contract, Payments, Security Interests, & Bankruptcy Consumer Protection Insurance & Risk Management Immigration Law Environmental Protection Law Inheritance, Estates, and Trusts
- Business Management & Operations
- Economics, Finance, & Analytics
Overview of Employment Laws
Employment laws concern the federal and state statutes governing the practices of employers and the rights of employees. Labor laws, a subset of employment laws, concern the ability of employees to organize and collective bargain for employment rights and benefits. This chapter identifies the primary employment and labor laws protecting employee interests and putting affirmative obligations upon employers. It gives a cursory explanation of the laws, explains the laws objectives, and identifies specific employee rights and employer obligations affected by the law.
Next Article: Who is an "Employee" under Employment Laws Back to: EMPLOYMENT LAWS
- Employment Law (Intro)
- Who is an employee under the employment law?
- What characterizes the employer-employee, At-Will relationship?
- What are the major employment laws?
- What are the taxation requirements imposed upon employers?
- What is the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)?
- Exempt Employee
- NonExempt Employees
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)?
- Worker Adjustment and Retraining Act (WARN Act)?
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA)?
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA)?
- Active Participant Status
- Defined Benefit Plan
- Pension Plan
- Accumulated Benefit Obligation
- Defined Contribution Plan
- Cash Balance Plan
- Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation
- Blackout Period
- Benefit Allocation Method
- Multinational Pooling
- DB(k) Plan Definition
- Employee Contribution Plan
- Unit Benefit Plan
- Top Hat Plan
- Non-Discrimination Rule
- Alternative Minimum Cost Method
- Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA)?
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Workers Compensation Laws?
- Workers Compensation Coverage A Definition
- Workers Compensation Coverage B Definition
- Federal Unemployment Tax Act
- State Unemployment Tax Act
- Voluntary Termination
- Employment Verification Laws?
- Form I-9
- Workplace Privacy Laws?
- Background Checks
- Davis-Bacon Act
- Loudermill Rights
- Work Opportunity Tax Credit
- Work for Hire Agreement (Independent Contractor Agreement)
- Engagement Letter Definition
- Non-Compete Agreement
- Non-Solicitation Clause
Wrongful Termination Claim
- What are labor laws?
- Organized Labor
- Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Labor Union
- What are the major labor laws?
- Department of Labor
- What is the National Labor Relations Act?
- Unfair Labor Practice
- Right to Work Laws
- Labor Management Relations Act
- Labor Management Reporting and Disclosure Act