Cultural Factors Affect Marketing
How is Culture a Factor in Marketing?
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Marketing, Advertising, Sales & PR
- Accounting, Taxation, and Reporting
- Professionalism & Career Development
Law, Transactions, & Risk Management
Government, Legal System, Administrative Law, & Constitutional Law Legal Disputes - Civil & Criminal Law Agency Law HR, Employment, Labor, & Discrimination Business Entities, Corporate Governance & Ownership Business Transactions, Antitrust, & Securities Law Real Estate, Personal, & Intellectual Property Commercial Law: Contract, Payments, Security Interests, & Bankruptcy Consumer Protection Insurance & Risk Management Immigration Law Environmental Protection Law Inheritance, Estates, and Trusts
- Business Management & Operations
- Economics, Finance, & Analytics
Table of ContentsHow Does Culture Affect Marketing?
How Does Culture Affect Marketing?
There a numerous culture-related factors that can affect a business and its marketing strategy. Some of the major factors include:
- Language - This is particularly impactful on promotion (advertising and labeling) and sales. Language affects how people communicate (deliver and interpret messages).
- Individual Values - Culture has a major impact on the values that people hold. This can affect product design, placement, advertising efforts, etc.
- Customs - Unique cultures have unique customs or ways of going about doing things. A marketing strategy must take these customs into consideration when determining what products to introduce, how to introduce them, and how to promote them.
- Diversion (Food, Arts, Entertainment) - The methods by which individual divert or entertain themselves is a strong element of culture. In fact, marketing strategies often seen to promote products based upon these needs or wants. These distinctions affect the development of a marketing strategy.
- What is a Market?
- What is Target Marketing?
- What is Market Segmentation?
- How Many Segments to Target?
- How Do We Segment Consumer Markets?
- Benefit Segmentation
- How Do We Segment Business Markets?
- Using Data for Market Segmentation
- Buying Power Index
- What is Customer Relationship Management?
- What is Behavioral Targeting?
- What is Positioning?
- What is a Positioning Statement?
- What is a Perceptual Map?
- Cultural Factors Affecting Marketing
- International Marketing is Challenging