Consumer Protection Law (Intro)
An Overview of Consumer Laws
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Marketing, Advertising, Sales & PR
- Accounting, Taxation, and Reporting
- Professionalism & Career Development
Law, Transactions, & Risk Management
Government, Legal System, Administrative Law, & Constitutional Law Legal Disputes - Civil & Criminal Law Agency Law HR, Employment, Labor, & Discrimination Business Entities, Corporate Governance & Ownership Business Transactions, Antitrust, & Securities Law Real Estate, Personal, & Intellectual Property Commercial Law: Contract, Payments, Security Interests, & Bankruptcy Consumer Protection Insurance & Risk Management Immigration Law Environmental Protection Law Inheritance, Estates, and Trusts
- Business Management & Operations
- Economics, Finance, & Analytics
What is Consumer Protection Law?
Consumer protection law concerns the body of statutes and regulations protecting consumers against deceptive practices by merchants or service providers. This chapter introduces the concept of consumer protection and its purpose. It then introduces the numerous federal statutes that protect consumers in specific situations. While these are the primary federal consumer protection laws, states often pass consumer protection laws that are more specific and more stringent than the federal protections.
Next Article: What is Consumer Protection Law? Back to: CONSUMER PROTECTION LAW
- Consumer Protection Law (Intro)
- What is consumer protection law?
- Cooling Off Rule
- What major federal laws protect consumers?
- What is the Federal Trade Commission
- Enforcement procedures of the FTC?
- Penalties for violating FTC regulations?
- Commercial Practices Prohibited by FTC?
Unfair Trade Practices
- Predatory Pricing
- Bait & Switch
- Lemon Laws
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- What is the Fair Credit Reporting Act?
- Users of Information?
- Credit Reporting Agency Consumers
- Reporting Agencies?
- Consumer Reporting Agency
- Furnishers of Information?
- Truth in Lending Act
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
- Fair Credit Billing Act
- Electronic Funds Transfer Act
- Electronic Funds Transfers (EFT)
- Equal Credit Opportunity Act
- Regulation B
- Consumer Credit Protection Act
- Consumer Advisory Council
Consumer Financial Protection Act
- Consumer Product Safety Act
- Consumer Product Labeling Laws
- Credit Repair Organization Act
- Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act
- Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act
- Privacy Act of 1974 (Privacy Act)
- Personally Identifiable Information
- Right to Financial Privacy Act of 1978 (RFPA)
- Electronic Communication Privacy Act of 1986 (ECPA)
- Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act of 1986 (COPPA)
- CAN SPAM Act
- What role do states play in Consumer Protection?