Exemptions from '33 Act Registration Requirements - Explained
Securities Law - Registration Exemptions
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Marketing, Advertising, Sales & PR
- Accounting, Taxation, and Reporting
- Professionalism & Career Development
Law, Transactions, & Risk Management
Government, Legal System, Administrative Law, & Constitutional Law Legal Disputes - Civil & Criminal Law Agency Law HR, Employment, Labor, & Discrimination Business Entities, Corporate Governance & Ownership Business Transactions, Antitrust, & Securities Law Real Estate, Personal, & Intellectual Property Commercial Law: Contract, Payments, Security Interests, & Bankruptcy Consumer Protection Insurance & Risk Management Immigration Law Environmental Protection Law Inheritance, Estates, and Trusts
- Business Management & Operations
- Economics, Finance, & Analytics
Table of ContentsWhat are Exemptions from Securities Registration?Academic Research
What are Exemptions from Securities Registration?
The registration and public offering process is extremely burdensome for startup companies. Numerous statutory and rule-based exemptions to the securities registration process exist. The statutory exemptions fall under Sections 3 and 4 of the 33 Act. The rule-based exemptions are based upon statutory exemptions and are found primarily in Regulation A and Regulation D of the 33 Act. These statutory and rule-based exemptions either exempt this type of security from registration or exempt a particular type of transaction from registration. We address the various exemptions individually.
Next Article: Exempt Securities & Exempt Transactions Back to: SECURITIES LAW
- Registration Exemptions Securities Act of 1933
- What are Exempt Securities and Exempt Transactions?
- What are Restricted Securities?
- Section 3(a)?
- Section 3(b)?
- What is a Rule 147 Exemption?
- What is a Section 4(a) Exemption?
- Section 4(a)(5)?
- What is a Regulation A Exemption?
- What are Regulation D Exemptions?
- What is a Rule 504 Exemption?
- What is a Rule 505 Exemption?
- What is a Rule 506(b) Exemption?
- What is a Rule 506(c) Exemption?
- What is Rule 502(d) and the Rule 144 Safe Harbor?
- Rule 144a
- What are the disclosure requirements for companies employing an exemption?
- What is the requirement to file Form D?
- What is the effect of failing to register an offering under Section 5?